NOORTEVAHETUS “The Spirit Of Volunteering” 25-02.07. 2013 Prahas
Where: Votice, a small city about 1,5 hours from Prague
Partners: ESTYES (ESTONIA), CVS (Bulgaria) and CJSA – Synergia (Portugal)
The Spirit of Volunteering is a youth exchange based on the topic of volunteering. Its aim is to connect young people from the EU, introduce to them the possibilities and variety of volunteering, inspire and motivate them to be active after the arrival in their home countries. Using theoretical, free-time and creative blocks the project introduces the volunteering as one of the meaningful ways of spending leisure and getting involved in the civil society. The international aspect of the exchange ensures intercultural confrontation of the discussed topics in the perspective of different countries and social backgrounds. Throughout the program, the exchange enhances youngster’s creativity, proactivity, teamwork and intercultural understanding.
● To discuss the situation and perception of volunteering in different countries and to introduce different fields of volunteering
● To inspire and motivate the participants to be active after the project
● To develop teamwork in international background
● To enable people from 4 different countries to meet, discuss and compare the similarities and differences of their cultures and values
● To introduce 3 non-profit organizations or local community projects from different fields (environment, culture, social work, history), to present their activities, methods, goals and current progress and give the participants a possibility to experience them.
● To empower new people to take part in volunteering activities
● 4 participants + 1 leader for each organization
● Age of participants: 18 – 25 (20% of participants can be above the age limit)
● Age of leaders: 18+
Profile of the participants:
• Able to attend the whole project (25.6 - 02. 7. 2012)
• Able to communicate and work in English
• Eager to get to know more about volunteering
• With a perspective to involve themselves in volunteering after the youth exchange
• Interested in spending their leisure in a different way, doing something useful
How: Financial conditions + Program draft
Organizers provide food and accommodation + 70% travel reimbursement
• The reimbursement will be made according to the rules of Youth Program. 70 % of the travel costs will be reimbursed upon the presntation of tickets, invoices, boarding passes, etc. The organizers need to receive all original travel documents. The participants are kindly requested to purchase return tickets. All reimbursement which is connected to the project will be sent to a specified bank account after we receive original documents of travel.
● 1.DAY: arrival, getting to know each other, fears and expectations, project rules, welcome party
● 2.DAY: icebreakers, volunteering introduction – what it is, where can we come across to it, comparative discussion on how does the volunteering look like in your country , creative afternoon - themed game. Traditional Czech night
● 3.DAY: topic - enviromental volunteering - workshop, NGO presentation, 1.st country night
● 4.DAY: volunteering in culture - discussion, guest speaker, organizing of culture event for local comunity, senior center...
● 5.DAY: trip to Prague, treasure hunting... 2.nd country night
● 6.DAY: social volunteering, miniworkshop, creative time 3rd country night
● 7.DAY evaluation, what to do next, Youth in Action presentation, time to create individual projects... goodbye party
● 8.DAY departure
Estyesi liikmemaks 20 eurots ja osalustasu 20 eurot. Reiskuludest 70% tagastatakse. Küsi lisa firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Europeans on a big sail with a three-masted Schooner
NGO Estyes offers an international Sailing trip
Young Europeans between 18 and 26 years old can participate in a big three-masted Schooner sailing trip. In frame of 17 days long Youth Exchange organized by NAME NGO 38 Youths from 5 countries can sail through the Baltic and North Sea.
On the three-masted Schooner “Gulden Leeuw” the participants should grow together as a team and break down the prejudices.
Invited are the sail beginners from Estonia, Poland, Italy, Germany and Turkey, they will be instructed by an experienced Crew. On the 1937-built tall ship, which was earlier a core research ship from the Danish Navy on the way to Arctic, all sailing maneuvers will be carried by hand. The group phase on the land starts on 4th August in Kiel. During the first days there is planned a Studypart about a topic Cradle to cradle: Fishing for litter, besides mutual get-to-know. On Monday, 12th August the Youths will get on board to sail through the Kiel Canal to Cuxhaven and then across the North Sea. The way back will be done by bus from Cuxhaven to Kiel, where the Youths will spend 3 more days by exchanging the impressions and memories and will recover from the rigors of the travel. Who wants to experience as a Seafaring one week wind and waves and meet people from all over the Europe, can sign up by NAME. Sailing experience is not necessary. Thanks to the support of the European Community, the registration fee amounts to 260 Euro. More informations: email@example.com
Estyesi osalustasu 100 eur ja liikmemaks 20 eur. Projekti lisatasu 260 eur. Reisikuludest 70 % kaetakse.
Noortevahetus "Are we really different" Kreekas 25.03-1.04.2012. Eestist osales 6 osalist vanuses 18-25